Buz serves as the General Counsel for Hawes Financial Group. He is a 1994 graduate of the University of Oregon Law School.
Buz began his legal career in private practice in a small firm in Eugene working with clients on real estate matters in Oregon and Las Vegas, Nevada. In 1996, he became a Deputy District Attorney in Lane County where he prosecuted an average of 400 felony cases per year. In 2001, he returned to private practice, working exclusively in bankruptcy law, until joining Hawes Financial Group in 2005.
- ACA International Member Attorney Program
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon Special Assistant Attorney General
- United States District Court (for Oregon and Western Washington)
- King County Special Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
- Admitted:Tribal Court Confederated Tribes of Coos, Lower Umpqua & Suislaw Indians
- Admitted to Siletzs Indians Tribal Court