Joe is responsible for strategic and operational management of Hawes Financial Group, and has oversight of the management team.
Joe has an MBA, from the University of Oregon, Charles Lindquist College of Business Administration. Before joining the business in 1989, he was a customer service representative and wholesale auditor for Ford Motor Credit Corporation in San Jose, CA.
In addition to twenty years of experience in the credit and receivable management industry, Joe is an active member in a number of credit and finance organizations and is recognized for his leadership, focus on education, and community involvement.
- Health Care Financial Managers Association – Certified Fellow Health Care Financial Managers Association (FHFMA), Advanced Member, Former Bronze Merit Award Winner and co-chair Patient Account Committee
- American Collectors Association International – Healthcare Debt Sales and Collection Services Task Force, Public Relations Committee, Twice recognized as Outstanding Education Chairman of the Year, Certified as Scholar in Collection Business Management, Certified Health Care Collections Specialist, and Certified Collector. 2011 Leadership Symposium Swersky Award Winner.
- Oregon Collectors Association – President and Education Chairman
- District X Intl Credit Association of North America – President & Board of Directors
- Society of Certified Consumer Credit Executives President District X Area Society, Certified Collection Agency Executive (CCAE)
- Credit Association of Oregon – President and Board of Directors
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater Oregon – President & Board of Directors
- Lane County Credit Association – Twice President and Board of Directors
- Emerald Executive Association – President, Board of Directors